I love pie. My wonderful hubby has been eating super healthy (whole wheats, etc) lately so I haven’t gotten much time to try out new recipes that look delicious but aren’t exactly South Beach friendly. Last night was the perfect opportunity. Trey was at a seminar at Georgio’s (wonderful food!) So I treated myself to this:
Pie for dinner!
It is based on a Paula Deen recipe that I accidentally deleted. All the ingredients were her idea but I winged it on the measurements and it came out pretty darn tasty. Here’s what I did:
- one refrigerated pie crust (the kind you roll out)
- 3/4 cup cooked french-cut green beans
- 5 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked long grain and wild rice
- one large turkey breast
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 chopped onion
- cube turkey breast and sauté with bell pepper and onion until thoroughly cooked.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, bell peppers, onions, cheese, sour cream, green beans, and rice.
- Spoon mixture in to a pie dish.
- Slice pie crust into ten strips, and arrange in a lattice design. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy!