Where does the time go????
It is hard to believe that Nate is already two months old. Before I get to the stats, a clarification from the last post: Nate couldn’t have his first real bath because his little umbilical cord stub refused to fall off for 59 days! That is insane, I know, but we made sure it was healthy and clean and he has a perfectly cute little belly button now. Also, we gave him sponge baths! We wouldn’t go two months without cleaning our child! Sheesh.
Stats on Nate:
- weighs in at 12 pounds, 6 ounces these days. Dr. Long said is growing beautifully!
- loves Phil, Bob, and Murphy- the squirrel, owl, and hedgehog mobile on his bouncy chair. He has started to smile at them and reach for them. Very exciting! Glow worm, Mr. Bear, and Mr. Bunny are also favorite toys.
- smiling a lot! Mostly in the morning. I am still having trouble getting a good picture of it though because of the camera flash. The cute little smile quickly turns to a look of concern when he sees it.
- enjoys any kind of music. We listen to classical in the car, and the Rockabye Baby! Lullabies at home. Rockabye Baby! are U2, Coldplay, Greenday, Police, etc. songs that have been made into lullabies so they aren’t annoying at all. Yay! As soon as I figure out how to post sound on the blog I’ll have to load one of his favorites so you can enjoy it too!
- loves the bath, but doesn’t like getting out at all. Even when we wrap him up tight right away he still cries. Very sad.
- still loves to be swaddled at night.
- enjoys his Baby K’tan and the Baby Bjorn (who wouldn’t like being carried around all the time?)
- is not a fan of tummy time, but the other day I decided to make it naked tummy time (because I read that it is good for babies to have unrestricted time for movement) and he seemed to enjoy it a lot more. Just as long as he is on a towel and happy about it, why not let him be naked? It’s so cute!
- holding his head up really well and likes to sit in my lap facing me while I hold his arms for support.
- loves having Daddy read to him. The latest book is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Classic.