Sorry, sorry, sorry for the lateness! Between the sleep deprivation and all of the exciting things we’ve been up to blogging just hasn’t been on the list of priorities. I’m working on it. I promise.
Nate is six months old and time is flying. I used to think that Mama Mia! song about “slipping through my fingers” was super cheesy and I chuckled a little whenever I heard it. Now it seems a little too close to home. I feel like I’m going to turn around and Nate will be graduating college. This used to make me sad but I’ve gained a little perspective and I’ve decided cherish every day and not waste any time wishing for time to slow down. Now who’s super cheesy? Moving on. . .
*Note: His sixth month photo was taken on his six month birthday!
At six months, Nate:
- is in the fiftieth percentile in every category. Just right. 🙂
- weighs seventeen pounds, ten ounces.
- can six up totally unassisted (and has been for the past few weeks).
- can stand holding only our fingers for balance.
- is very close to crawling, I feel like it will be any day.
- loves to babble.
- loves to laugh.
- enjoys his morning walk/run in the jogger stroller.
- is beginning to get a little stranger anxiety. From what I understand this just come with the territory of his age.
- loves to be on his tummy.
- passes objects from hand to hand.
- gets mad if you take away a toy he is enjoying.
- can take his pacifier out and put it back in.
- enjoys chewing on Jacque the giraffe.
- rolls over both ways with ease.
- LOVES watching Grandmeggie play the piano.
- loves all music and “dances” during praise and worship at church!
- is getting a tooth! (I pretty sure I see the top of it coming in!)
- still not sleeping through the night. We’ve resorted to very drastic and painful (for me, not Nate) measures. Crying it out. Luckily, I’ve got the queen of getting your kids to sleep/good schedule stuff helping me out. Thanks, Danielle! This is night three, and it is getting better. I think it will work if I don’t cave.
- still loves the banana song and reading.
- had his first solids on his six month birthday and it went well! Trey was excited to get to feed him his first “real” meal.
Rice Cereal and B milk- That qualifies as real food, right?
Proud dad doing a great job!
Nate was really enthusiastic about it.
A successful first feeding!
Alright, folks, thanks for sticking with me. If Nate begins sleeping through the night you can start expecting some regular postings. At least every week. How will you know when that happens? If you wake up and swear you can hear some idiot singing the hallelujah chorus at the crack of dawn that’s me. After almost seven months (ten if you count my last trimester of broken sleep) of not one night of uninterrupted sleep I will be so excited I won’t be able to contain it.