Sorry for the crazy long delay, we’ve been busy around here!
This will have to be Nates seven and a half month update. He is changing so much every day, I can’t believe how different he is from last month. Here goes:
- claps! It is the cutest thing ever.
- eats one to two “solid” food meals a day. Doesn’t seem to like it at all. Bananas and carrots are the most tolerable.
- can move from tummy to sitting.
- is still doing the “commando crawl” but is getting around more efficiently with it. Every day I think he is going to crawl “officially” but it hasn’t happened yet.
- loves to stand and has started to pull to standing. I want him to do this more but I feel like there is a lack of safe places for him to do this. . . do they make toys for babies to pull up on?
- sleeps about 10-11 hours STRAIGHT every night!!! It was worth the torture of crying it out for us. I am slowly but surely returning to sanity.
- no longer likes to be swaddled.
- has trouble with naps. Ironically, sleeping through the night has made him a more difficult napper. I am not sure why this is but the only way he will nap these days is for me to nap with him, or hold him. At some point we’re going to have this sleep thing totally figured out! Maybe by preschool. . .
- loves the pool! We have gone out to my Uncle Ben and Aunt Janet’s pool a couple of times this summer and Nate thinks it’s awesome.
- wears size three diapers and nine month clothes, but could probably start the twelve month clothes.
- enjoys his play yard. Thank goodness- otherwise nothing would ever get done.
- fights the car seat. He has learned that arching his back prevents anyone from harnessing him in any kind of seat (high chair, jogger stroller, etc.) He basically screams for a minute and then deals with it. No fun. 😦
- says “Dada” CONSTANTLY. We’ve decided this is his official first word because he seems to know what it means. Sometimes he will just babble “dadadadada” but other times he will look right at Trey and say “Dada”
- no longer wants the pacifier for the most part. We go days without using it, and when he does he mostly just chews on it.
- laughs hysterically whenever I sneeze. He also thinks it’s hilarious when I make faces at him, really embarrassing silly faces. It is amazing what I’m willing to do to make him laugh.
- is really ticklish.
With the summer coming to a close, it is a reminder of how thankful I am to be at home with my buddy. I would be gearing up for another school year right now and probably stressed to the max if it weren’t for Trey. I’m really loving the new job. 🙂
Nate is a great baby.